In light of COVID-19 pandemic and our strong commitment to the health, wellness and safety of our delegates, partners and community, we are pleased to have developed an innovative virtual conference for 2020, that will continue to support our dynamic membership and advance the interests of all those involved and invested in Yukon’s mining industry.
Yukon Chamber of Mines is committed to ensuring that the Geoscience favorites will be available virtually, including interactive sessions, an exhibit hall and core-poster display, and new exciting features like the Core Shack Broadcast Centre and 1-on-1 Meeting Hub.
We encourage delegates from their offices or homes, to engage in real-time with speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and event partners through chat rooms, direct messaging, or as part of the interactive session polling and question and answer periods.
Geoscience 2020 Core Values:
- Promote and provide a safe event, that ensures the health of attendees and our community;
- Provide value to delegates, sponsors, exhibitors, partners and our Industry; and
- Create a financially viable conference.
Geoscience 2020 Conference Goals:
- Provide Industry-specific technical and non-technical information sharing
- Support professional engagement and business development
- Enhance public and student education and awareness
Yukon Chamber of Mines is committed to providing a positive experience for all participants and expects attendees to show respect and courtesy toward one another at all official events and across the virtual platform.
At all times during the convention attendees shall conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner and comply with all applicable laws, policies and rules of the conference.
SAFE GATHERING GUIDELINES FOR GEOSCIENCE 2020
Geoscience Broadcast Centre
The health and safety of all delegates, sponsors, partners and out community is our number one priority. The only in-person gathering will include delegates and special guests presenting at the Yukon Geoscience 2020 Geoscience Broadcast Centre. All visits will be scheduled and must adhere to our safe gathering guidelines.
COVID-19 Event Considerations
Geoscience 2020 is supported by 3rd party OH&S specialist team to develop operational plans, protocols and procedures, source and secure appropriate PPE, signage and cleaning supplies and provide on-site support from set-up to tear-down, and everything in between.
Geoscience 2020 conference team will ensure that we communicate effectively with delegates, vendors, sponsors, partners and the community about the proactive OH&S plans, protocols and procedures and support all in safe gathering.
A Safe Gathering includes:
- All visitors and staff must complete the Conference Pre-Screen Questionnaire once daily prior to entering the venue for the Core Shack Broadcast centre.
- All delegates and staff are to remain vigilant to their health and leave the venue immediately and advise the conference team if they develop any COVID related symptoms.
- Everyone is empowered to stop work or activity, and report to the Conference Team, if they feel that the event is unsafe at any time. We are here for each other and our community.
- The conference team will maintain clear signage at all entry points and traffic areas, as well as throughput the event space advising and reminding of the Safe 6 protocols and procedures.
- Close contact between delegates shall only be between members of the same household or social/corporate bubble. Understand your bubble and conference within it.
- Use of facemasks is required when 6ft/2m spacing is not possible.
- All event spaces and communal or high-traffic areas will be equipped with hand washing stations.
- The event will have a team of venue staff and volunteers for cleaning and disinfection between guests of the Core Shack and waiting area.
Please do not attend if you, or anyone in your household: have any symptoms of common cold, influenza, COVID-19 or other infectious respiratory disease are required to self-isolate due to travel within the last 14 days had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19; and/or, have been directed to self-isolate by a health authority
For more information on COVID-19, and/or Safe Gatherings, please visit: www.yukon.ca.
If you have any concerns or questions, please outreach to Angela Drainville or Anne Turner.